£85,000 + (competitive)
About the role
We’re looking for a Business Director to join our Client Experience team to work on our FMCG and other accounts. In this role, you will be responsible for shaping and communicating client experience in and outside the agency. You will have an ambassadorial role in the agency & client community and will be responsible for building relationships with our clients at the highest level. In this role you will also be responsible for managing a team within client experience, encouraging team growth and retention.
Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership in daily client relationship management. Lead the account activity, taking responsibility for the day-to-day account output from specialist and regional teams together with the Global account team. Ensure smooth and efficient delivery of all centrally funded campaigns for product launches and Brand initiatives.
- Lead the response to client briefs alongside relevant teams, connecting and managing the integrated working process from end-to-end. Accountable for delivering valuable, high quality recommendations to clients
- Ensure activation teams are delivering to brief/client expectations
- Develop best practice guidelines and media principles for local markets to ensure adherence to central strategic frameworks
- Work with local teams to ensure delivery against client expectations
- Be well informed about the current and future trends, in technology and media – and able to hold insightful discussions with clients, proactively bringing them recommendations
- Lead and attend regular client meetings. Ensure the content delivered is to a high standard and driving conversations forward with the client
- Create action plans at client assessments which need to be delivered by the relevant teams (Central, – Regional, Finance) to ensure assessment scores are maintained or improved.
- Work with central client to ensure we are supporting and managing their process expectations and that there is network-wide understanding and compliance. Use every opportunity to improve process to maximize efficiency and promote internal services.
- Ensure the annual KPI deliverables are being prepared and delivered by the relevant teams input regularly to ensure current client priorities are considered
- Manage up to ensure that all senior leaders are continually aware of opportunities and risks for clients, the business and people
- Prepare reporting requests for central management including budgeting updates and key client challenges
- Support the Managing Director in the development of the Annual growth Plan and QBR’s
- Lead by example; as a senior member of the agency your behavior sets the tone for the rest of the team – encourage teams to attend agency seminars and events plus support internal initiatives
- Understand our products and services and how they can help our clients specifically data and content
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders and communities
- Seek and develop Out of scope opportunities and channel choice that provide enhanced revenue opportunities both with central initiatives and supporting local teams Experience
- Previous experience & Industry background
- 10+ years’ experience in client servicing or media strategy
- Media Industry, Data Industry, Tech Industry Soft Skills & Competencies
- Team player – relationship building skills internally and externally with the ability to quickly establish strong working relationships
- Positive, approachable and friendly attitude
- Pro-activity and openness to take responsibilities and be fully accountable
- Being flexible, adaptable and organized to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to liaise confidently with clients at all levels and react to different cultural practices. Regular client contact and should be able to operate at ease in developing and managing client relationships
- Experience of preparing and delivering senior level presentations to clients and internally
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Working understanding of trading principles, practices and performance
- Ability to lead and inspire teams
- Effective under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines
We’re looking for someone who has considerable experience working as a skilled client operator, delivering a brilliant day-to-day client experience. You will also have demonstrable experience delivering best-in-class media planning, creative ideas and effective campaigns. You will have strong knowledge of client’s business challenges and will be confident in challenging conventions, as well as being a skilled project manager with the ability to orchestrate responses alongside wider agency teams. You will also have experience managing and developing a team.
A central pillar of creating an agency is making decisions that benefit our people, our agency, our partners and our clients both today and tomorrow. In media terms this means total transparency, over-and-above data governance, ethical media practices and thinking both long and short.
In relation to our culture and our talent they pride themselves on:
- Future-proofing careers
- Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Workforce
- Embracing Sustainability
The core difference is rooted in their culture, something they invest significant time and energy into nurturing to ensure that people remain happy and fulfilled. This extends into their unparalleled Learning & Development program, diverse staff population, and social calendar, which is peppered with standard, and far from standard activities. As an agency they pride ourselves in being like a family so expect to get to know everyone and feel truly supported professionally.
They are one of the fastest growing agencies in the market so expect a high paced environment with lots of opportunities. At our vision is to be an agency where difference is valued and everyone is able to thrive in a culture of equality, inclusion and belonging. We are committed to providing a truly inclusive environment that reflects today’s society, where everyone is able to bring their true selves to work, and where diverse voices and backgrounds are valued, heard and well-represented